FEESUnless otherwise agreed with you or required by law, our fees will be charged at hourly rates according to the time spent by our employees and consultants working on the matter. How we calculate our fees may be subject to change. Unless stated otherwise, our fees, expenses and charges exclude GST.
CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIESYou agree that you will provide us with complete, clear, accurate, meaningful and timely instructions, and all information and documents requested by us, or necessary for us to undertake and complete the work you have engaged us to perform. You also agree that you will arrange for reasonable access to relevant individuals and documents. You acknowledge and agree that you will be responsible for the completeness, accuracy and clarity of the information supplied to us.
THIRD PARTIESWe utilise the following external services:
- Microsoft Office 365 Outlook to manage our email communications
- Microsoft Office 365 Sharepoint to store workpapers and client information
- Xero Practice Manager to prepare and lodge information to the ATO.
- Xero Practice Manager for client billings and information storage
- Quickbooks for client bookkeeping, information storage, and STP reporting
- Xero for client bookkeeping, information storage, and STP reporting
- MYOB for client bookkeeping, information storage, and STP reporting
- BGL for company secretarial matters and information storage
- BGL for superfund accounting and administration
- Gettimely is our online booking system which stores client contact details
- Unicorn Accounting, accounting consulting services
- Tony Boys, for the external audit of SMSF’s
- Australian Taxation Office Portal and Business Register
- ASIC for company and trading name administration
- Thomas Reuters for Legal and registration services
- Office of State Revenue for payroll tax reporting
- iCare for workers compensation management
- Long Service Corp for LSL administration
- SBSCH, KeyPay, Beam, Click Super, Xero Super for clearing house services
- Right Signature and Adobe Fill & Sign for electronic signatures
- TST Advisory Wealth, authorised representatives of Meritum Financial Group Pty Ltd AFSL 245569 of 105-153 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.
- BurstSMS is used to manage bulk client contact and stores client contact details
LIMITATION OF LIABILITYWe will provide our Services with reasonable care and skill. Our liability to you is limited to losses, damages, costs and expenses directly caused by our negligence or wilful default. Our liability may also be limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation. Further information on schemes is available from the Professional Standards Councils’ website: http://www.psc.gov.au.
OWNERSHIP OF DOCUMENTSAll original documents that we obtain from you to perform the Services under this engagement remain your property. However, you agree that we may make a reasonable number of copies of the original documents for our records and to provide the Services to you. We retain all copyright in any document prepared by us during the course of carrying out the engagement for you, except where the law specifically states otherwise. To the extent permitted by law or professional standards, we reserve the right to exercise a lien over all documents and records in our possession relating to all engagements for you until all outstanding fees and disbursements are paid to us in full.
COMPLAINTS & DISPUTESWe have a complaints process in place and will use our best endeavours to resolve a complaint or dispute to the mutual satisfaction of the parties involved. We may ask that you provide your complaint in writing to allow us to fully investigate the issues your raise. Either party to a dispute can request the complaint or dispute is managed through external dispute resolution or mediation service. We and you agree that external dispute resolution will be undertaken before any legal claim is formally commenced. This does not override the rights of either party to seek legal action to enforce contractual rights under this engagement agreement.
REFERRAL RELATIONSHIPSOur business has a referral relationship with the following businesses:
- Duo Tax Quantity Surveyors
- WealthSpot Financial Advisors
- Sydney Tax Practice
- Aus Home Loan Group
- Outsource Financial
- Duo Tax Quantity Surveyors
- Collection of information
- Use and disclosure of information
- Access and correction
- Information security
- Visitors’ questions and complaints
- Additional Information
Collection of informationWhat personal information do we collect? ‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained. Generally, we will only collect personal information about you if you voluntarily submit it to us by:
- providing your information by form, telephone or facsimile;
- sending us an email;
- sending us information via the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website; and/or
- sending us personal information when using any part of our website.
- your employer where they are our client;
- your family members;
- your representatives, agents or referral partners;
- a related body corporate or business partner or associate of TST Advisory; and/or
- a publicly available record.
- your name and birth date;
- your contact information, including postal and residential addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, and email addresses;
- where relevant to the services we are providing you, your financial information about your assets, occupation and income, bank account balances, account activities, payment history;
- government identifiers (such as TFN);
- shareholdings and details of investments;
- details of superannuation and insurance arrangements;
- educational qualifications, employment history and salary;
- visa or work permit status; and/or
- personal information about your spouse and dependents.
- data relating to your activity on our website via tracking technologies such as cookies;
- the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider; and
- details of any survey responses you provide.
Use and disclosure of informationWhen will we use and disclose your information? In general, we will collect, hold, use or disclose personal information for a number of purposes including (but not limited to):
- to provide professional services, including audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate advisory, family office, finance and lending, financial, forensic accounting, management consulting, superannuation and taxation consulting services;
- to respond to requests or queries;
- to maintain contact with our clients;
- to keep our clients and other contacts informed of our services and industry developments;
- to notify our clients of seminars and other events;
- for administrative purposes;
- for recruitment purposes;
- for purposes relating to the employment of our staff;
- when engaging service providers, contractors or suppliers relating to the operation of our business;
- to manage any conflict of interest or independence (including auditor independence) obligations or situations;
- to conduct surveys;
- for seeking your feedback;
- to meet any regulatory obligations;
- as part of a corporate transaction such as a sale, divestiture, merger or acquisition; and/or
- for any other business-related purposes.
- providing you with news and information about our goods and services;
- purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of our goods and services;
- providing you with the functionality on our website, and customising and improving your online experience with us;
- personalising your experience with our products and services, for example, via connectivity with social media services;
- sending you marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in, either from any of our related entities or a third party business which we consider may be of interest to you; and
- seeking your feedback on our services, or for market research purposes.
Disclosure of information to third partiesGenerally, we will only disclose your personal information for a purpose set out above. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- third parties engaged to perform administrative or other business management functions;
- our business partners and associates;
- people or entities considering acquiring an interest in TST Advisory’ enterprise or assets; TST Advisory’ professional advisors, contractors, consultants and related bodies corporate. TST Advisory ‘ disclosures of your personal information to third parties are on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. We may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.